I mentioned previously that I was embracing Elinchrom and their Skyport wireless flash control. This post marks the newest purchase Elinchroms lowest cost strobe the D-Lite RX ONE. I figure what the heck start at the bottom and see how it works. The D-Lite RX ONE will be joining my D-Lite RX 4 flash head. I also have the Elinchrom Skyport Transmitter Pro, Nikon Version (EL19367) inbound. Stay tuned this is only the beginning.
Delivering approximately twice the power of speedlights, the D-Lite RX ONE is a small, but robust compact flash from Elinchrom.
The Elinchrom D-Lite RX One Flash Head is a 100W/s auto-sensing, multi-voltage monolight that recognizes any AC power source from 90-260VAC, allowing power variability over 5.0 stops in 1/10 stop increments. Recycling is a fast 0.5-2.1 sec. (@115V) with flash durations as short as an action-stopping 1/1,100 sec at full power.
The D-Lite RX One is packed with professional and convenience features usually found in flash heads twice its price. Although this head accepts one, you won’t need a PC cord. It has a built-in EL Skyport Receiver with 8 frequency channels that can handle 4 distinct groups of flashes. Separate purchase of the EL Skyport Speed Transmitter not only allows you to trigger your flash at distances up to 393′ but gives you control of power on/off, modeling light functions and Speed Sync activation. Free software for Mac and PC computers is available, providing additional features such as Flash-Delay for strobing effects. Add an optional WiFi module to the transmitter and you can use specially designed apps that allow full remote control from your for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
D-Lite RX One’s bayonet mount accepts all Elinchrom accessories and softboxes up to 53″ (135 cm). It comes with a power cord with a U.S. plug, sync cord, flash tube and protective cap. The included 115V 100W modeling lamp must be swapped out when using the unit in nominal 230V electrical environments.
The versatility of the Elinchrom system remains in its accessory range where it is difficult to change the hard nature that characterizes speedlights, Elinchrom has some of the best accessories allowing photographers to change the nature of their light, to suit their style.
Used on location, the D-Lite RX ONE is the perfect creative companion to an existing Speedlight system, making use of the built-in intelligent slave cell to offer perfect flash synchronization.
Why D-Lite RX ONE?
- 100 Ws down to 6 Ws power range, perfect for small environments and shallow depth of focus.
- Very short flash durations offer sharper images.
- Exceptional color balance across the power range.
- Integrates fully into the Elinchrom flash and accessory systems.
D-Lite RX ONE Features
- Skyport delivers the most comprehensive synchronization and control, and it’s unique to the whole Elinchrom system. Your creative edge in lighting.
- Intelligent pre-flash detector system enables the full use of D-Lite RX ONE with speedlights.
- 5V sync socket for maximum protection of digital cameras.
- Temperature controlled cooling fan.
- Flash Confirmation option. The modelling lamp switches off/on to confirm the flash has been triggered.
- Adjustable proportionality of the modelling lamp range.
- Variable f-stop steps: 1/1, 1/2, 4/10, 1/3, 2/10 or 1/10 steps are available.
- Programmable ready beep tone.
- The accessory bayonet accepts the complete range of light modifiers.
- Centered 7mm (0.27″) umbrella shaft enables also the use of the unique Elinchrom Deflector set.
- Stand bracket with additional umbrella fitting for larger umbrella shafts.
- User replaceable plug-in flashtube.
- Power auto-dump.
- Multi-voltage auto-detection: 90-270 V (excluding modelling lamp).
D-Lite RX ONE Specifications
ELinchrom D-Lite RX ONE Control Panel
Be the first to leave a review.