My Ultimate Photography Wishlist
This is not a pie in the sky or should I win the lottery wishlist, not at all, but rather photographic gear I ultimately plan on purchasing or I am recommending to friends and relatives. This is a list of realistic purchase goals based on where I see my photography headed in the future, to fill gaps in my existing equipment or two simply upgrade obsolete, outdated or inferior gear. When relevant I will try to include a sentence or two of why the item is on my list.
Flashes, Strobes and Monolights
- Godox AD600Pro -Flashpoint XPLOR 600PRO TTL Battery Powered Monolight with Built-in R2 2.4GHz Radio Remote System (Bowens Mount) –
- Elinchrom ELC Pro HD 1000 Flash Head EL20616.1 –
- Elinchrom BRX 500 Monolight EL20441.1 –
- Flashpoint Studio 400 Monolight – these monolights are so incredibly inexpensive and easy to use that every photographer needs a few. They are also a great beginner tool to introduce monolights into your studio.
Light Modifiers, Lighting Tools and Accessories
- Elinchrom Rotalux Softbox, Rotalux Octabox 175 cm (69″) EL26649, Rotalux Stripbox 50×130 cm (20×51″) EL26645 – The Rotalux is easy to set up, lightweight and unlike many other softboxes, fold down just like an umbrella and can be easily stored in the carrying bag. The quality of light is outstanding because of the fabric material and the internal diffuser provides the softest and most even light possible.
- Elinchrom Litemotiv Softbox Octa 190cm EL28005 –
- Litemotiv bracket for Elinchrom EL26537 – This bracket is a must for the Litemotiv Softbox Octa
- L-858D-U Speedmaster Light Meter – The first meter of its kind capable of measuring flash duration, while also being able to achieve an accurate ambient exposure reading in dimly lit scenes as low as 0.1 lx, the Sekonic L-858d-U provides image-makers of all levels with the critical exposure data they need to create stunning and beautiful imagery. The first to provide wireless compatibility with Elinchrom, Phottix, and PocketWizard products
Light Stands and Supporting Equipment
Camera Support Equipment
- Wimberley WH-200 Gimbal Tripod Head II with Quick Release Base – The Wimberley Head is a specialized gimbal tripod head for telephoto lenses. Its gimbal head type design allows you to easily support and manipulate very large lenses for tracking birds and animals.. Since its introduction in 1991, the Wimberley Head has become the industry standard for serious nature photographers.
Nikon DSLR Lenses
Miscellaneous Photography Tools and Accessories
- X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Photo 2 – the indispensable tool that helps you capture the colors of the world more perfectly and ensures that from initial capture to edit, you are beginning with the most accurate files possible. ColorChecker Passport Photo 2 is ideal for any photographer looking for accurate, consistent color and creative flexibility. The combination of targets and camera calibration software combined with your choice of Lightroom®, Photoshop®, CaptureOne® or Canon® DPP, delivers the most professional quality color control possible
Be the first to leave a review.