If anyone reading this has experience with DSLR Remote Pro for Windows I would love to hear about it.
DSLR Remote Pro for Windows…The professional’s software solution for remotely controlling your Canon EOS digital SLR from a Windows PC using a FireWire or USB cable.
DSLR Remote Pro for Windows now includes a complete software solution for a professional photobooth. Please see our photobooth page to find out more.
DSLR Remote Pro for Windows supports most Canon DSLR cameras including the Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS 550D/Rebel T2i, Canon EOS 500D/Rebel T1i, Canon EOS 1000D/Rebel XS, Canon EOS 450D/Rebel XSi, Canon EOS 40D, 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark III and 1D Mark IV.
- Take control of your Canon DSLR camera from your PC (supported models)
- Retain full control from the camera
- Photos automatically downloaded to the PC and displayed in a large preview window
- Large high quality live view display on PC with live histogram, autofocus and intuitive manual focusing using mouse wheel with Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 550D/Rebel T2i, Canon EOS 500D/Rebel T1i, Canon EOS 450D/Rebel XSi, Canon EOS 1000D/Rebel XS, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS-1D Mark IV, Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III or Canon EOS-1D Mark III
- Video capture controlled from the PC with the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS-1D Mark IV, Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS 550D/Rebel T2i and Canon EOS 500D/Rebel T2i
- Photos are saved on the PC’s hard disk and can also be saved on the memory card in the camera. Movie files can only be saved on the camera’s memory card
- Full size preview window can display a critical area of the photo e.g. the eyes and face of your model during a portrait shoot
- Flashing highlight display to highlight over exposed areas
- Grid overlay display for accurate alignment of studio shots. The size and color of the grid is user definable
- Color management and sharpening options for more accurate display of preview images
- Auto bracketing of up to 15 shots ideal for HDR images, interior shots and product photography
- Timed bulb exposures controlled from the PC – ideal for astronomy (Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1D Mark IV, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 550D/Rebel T2i, EOS 500D/Rebel T1i, EOS 450D/Rebel XSi and EOS 1000D/Rebel XS only)
- Focus point overlay display for more precise control of auto focus
- Automatic screen blank option – blanks the screen before taking a photo so that the light from the PC display doesn’t affect the subject lighting
- Fullscreen mode for large, uncluttered display of images
- Automatic edit option – automatically loads the image after downloading into the editor or program of your choice
- Automatically stores a short comment in the shooting data of images for easy identification e.g. the person’s name when taking id photos. The comment can also be used for the image filename to make it easier to identify images when taking product shots, school portraits etc.
- Automatically stores IPTC data in images as they are downloaded
- Time-Lapse feature which allows the number of photos in a sequence and the interval between shots to be specified.
DSLR Remote has a very flexible auto bracketing function which is ideal for high dynamic range (HDR) images and for product shots and interior shots without using sophisticated lighting. DSLR Remote Pro for Windows can automatically vary exposure using the shutter speed or aperture to take auto bracketed sequences of up to 15 shots.
|This photo was taken inside a church and shows how a series of images taken using the auto bracketing feature in DSLR Remote Pro for Windows can result a blended exposure with far more detail than can be obtained using a single exposure. The single exposure loses detail in the roof due to under exposure and in the stained glass window due to over exposure. By blending the auto bracketed shots in an image editor it is possible to retain detail in both the roof and the window.|
The blended exposure used the seven shots below which were taken using DSLR Remote Pro for Windows’s auto bracketing feature:
Use DSLR Remote Pro for Windows to take the auto bracketed sequence and then automatically combine the images to create a single HDR image or tone mapped image using Photomatix Pro (purchased separately).
A simple and powerful technique for extending depth of field by taking a series of shots using different focus settings. This technique is useful for product photography, close-up and macro photography and landscapes. The taking of the shots is greatly simplified by running a script with DSLR Remote Pro for Windows. More details…
Please note: this technique will only work with a Canon DSLR that supports live view display e.g. Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 50D, Canon EOS 550D/Rebel T2i, Canon EOS 500D/Rebel T1i, Canon EOS 450D/Rebel XSi, Canon EOS 1000D/Rebel XS, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS 7D, Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III, Canon EOS-1D Mark IV or Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Be the first to leave a review.