Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Lens
Nikon AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Lens
Spanning a long, versatile zoom range, the Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Lens 20058 is a telephoto zoom characterized by a constant f/5.6 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range. The optical design incorporates three extra-low dispersion glass elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions for increased sharpness and color accuracy. Also contributing to improved image quality, a Super Integrated Coating has been applied to lens elements to lessen flare and ghosting for improved contrast and clarity.
A Silent Wave Motor AF system produces fast, near-silent focusing performance that suits both stills shooting and movie recording, which can instantly be manually overridden by simply turning the manual focus ring. Further contributing to photographing in fast-paced situations and difficult lighting, VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by up to 4.5 shutter speed stops. Additionally, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism is integrated into the lens design to provide greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with faster continuous shooting rates.
- Designed for use with FX image sensors, this lens is also compatible with DX sensors where it will provide a 300-750mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/5.6 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake for up to 4.5 shutter speed stops, benefiting this lens’ use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sport Mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions where panning and other lateral camera movements are more common.
- A rotating tripod collar offers well-balanced support for photographing atop a tripod or monopod with either vertical or horizontal shooting orientations.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
This mechanism limits the compatibility of this lens to the following cameras: D5, D4, D3 series, Df, D850, D810, D810A, D800/E, D750, D700, D610, D600, D500, D300/S, D7500, D7200, D7100, D7000, D5600, D5500, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3400, D3300, D3200, D3100, Nikon 1 J1, J2, J3, J4 with FT-1, Nikon 1 V1, V2, V3 with FT-1, and Nikon 1 S1, S2 with FT-1.
- Compatible with optional AF-S Teleconverter TC-14, TC-17, and TC-20 teleconverters.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR Specifications
Focal Length 200 to 500mm Maximum Aperture f/5.6 Minimum Aperture f/32 Lens Mount Nikon F Format Compatibility Full-Frame Angle of View 12° 20′ to 5° Maximum Magnification 0.22x Minimum Focus Distance 7.22′ / 2.2 m Optical Design 19 Elements in 12 Groups Diaphragm Blades 9, Rounded Focus Type Autofocus Image Stabilization Yes Tripod Collar Removable and Rotating Filter Size 95 mm (Front) Dimensions (ø x L) 4.252 x 10.5″ / 108 x 267.5 mm Weight 5.1 lb / 2.3 kg Packaging Info Package Weight 6.925 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 17.3 x 7.65 x 7.5″
Astounding Views, Comfortably in Reach.
Wherever your passion lies, this outstanding super telephoto zoom lens can bring it into focus. Capture and share stunning views of birds, wildlife, motorsports, athletes, performers, landmarks and other faraway subjects. A fast f/5.6 constant aperture gives your shots beautifully out-of-focus backgrounds across the entire zoom range. Turn fast-moving action into dazzling photo sequences—the electromagnetic diaphragm operates in sync for the fastest subjects and shutter speeds while Vibration Reduction image stabilization keeps your shots sharp and steady. And in the rare cases when additional reach is needed, you can increase the AF-S NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR’s zoom power with an optional Nikon 1.4x, 1.7x or 2x teleconverter*.
Lightweight, Compact Super Telephoto Zoom
Whether your subject is far in the distance or close, fast or slow, you can land the shot. On FX-format cameras, 500mm brings distant birds, wildlife, athletes, performers, landmarks and more into tight focus. DX-format cameras add an additional 1.5x zoom effect for an angle of view equivalent to a whopping 750mm! And despite that extreme power, you can also focus on subjects as close as 7.2 feet away for detail rich close-ups.
Sharpen Your Vision with 4.5 stops of Vibration Reduction
At super telephoto distances, the smallest camera movements can cause image blur. Vibration Reduction image stabilization counteracts camera shake up to ~4.5 stops** for sharp photos and steady videos. You also can shoot at slower shutter speeds in low light—great for those magic moments at dawn and dusk. Sports Mode is optimized for camera pans and other movements common when shooting fast action.
Dazzling Performance with Advanced Nikon Lens Technology
Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass cuts through the glare of bright sunlight. Silent Wave Motor (SWM) powers ultra-fast, near-silent autofocusing with seamless manual override. The Electromagnetic diaphragm (E) operates in sync with the fastest shutter speeds and frame rates, even when using an optional teleconverter. Always bring home views that amaze.
Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism
An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers.
ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass
An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
Silent Wave Motor
AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM). This technology converts “traveling waves” into rotational energy to focus the optics. This enables high-speed autofocusing that’s extremely accurate and super quiet.
Super Integrated Coating
Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon’s term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Be the first to leave a review.